Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Letting my mind breathe

It seems sometimes there are just too many things to deal with. You feel overwhelmed and exhausted. We work hard and tirelessly with little or no rest so naturally we could be tired. But sometimes it is not the physical aspects of our lives but the mental aspects, that cause us to feel week and weary..

We over work our minds, to come: to the next big idea, the find where the next meal is coming from, to plan our days efficiently so as to maximize our sixteen working hours. But it, too, results in fatigue, depression and even anxiety attacks.

We need to learn to take the time to breathe, to relax to count the stars in the sky or the grains of sand on the shore, something! Something that will allow to be easy, to not worry, to not over think but to under think, to make the brain rest a little.

Often times when I find my space too overwhelming, I usually go the hills to my favorite place:a river (any river). Though I haven't done this in years I still have the memories that I use to calm down my heated brain and it does the trick well. Though the body is unable to be at that special place, the brain can take you on that much needed journey without adding to it's, already, heavy traffic.

But this does not solve the physical problem as the body does need its rest and will eventually buckle under the pressure u apply. Therefore, I too will take a weekend off just to relax a little, to sit and watch the television or read a book, something that will allow for my entire being to be at ease.

So go ahead feel free to relax and drink a glass of wine, indulge your senses and rest the brain awhile, its is your right to do so!

xoxo Suni

1 comment:

  1. Great!!!!!!!!!!!! It is good to relax ones'self at times. I particularly love the river. I love it so much. Despite the pollutants, you still have good rivers where you can go and just be. :) Good job Suni!

    ReplyDelete