Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

In the Event of Rain take an Umbrella

I spent a little over 12hours in the hospital with my son, Moziah. Though it is never a pleasant experience to have, I still had to have it. I had to prep myself mentally, emotionally, and all the rest of 'allys' just to get through this unnecessarily tedious process.

You see, what I have learnt is that having patience is great but having too much is sometimes overbearing. Sitting in the hospital hallway for almost 2 hours waiting for a doctor that noone seems to know when he/she will arrive is definitely having too much patience. I sat there waiting for this doctorand started to get impatient by the fact that we have been there since 11pm Monday night and at this point is was now 8:30am Tuesday morning, yet when I asked each hospital personnel I saw passing: "do you know when the asthma doctor will get here?" or "are you the asthma doctor?" with the same reply being: "No I don't know" or "no I'm not the asthma doctor" only got me to wonder, how then will I ever know when the asthma doctor gets here if they don't know...just ridiculous!

So clearly I refused to act patient or humble as my son needed to be home with family out of this very stressful and hostile environment...yes that very environment that I took him to get help for his weezing. I had to take matters into my own hands and got up and got into the nurse's face for her to go and find out if the doctor came. Well guess what? The doctor, a beautiful Burmese, was there from morning and at this point it was some minutes to 10 in the morning. The doctor had been in her office way round the corner from where I was told to sit (where I was sitting was not even the right place). With all that we got to see the doctor, did the necessaries and got to go home!

They say patience is a virtue! But does it mean then that I was not virtuous? Because I had no time to sit and be told to sit because of the lazy system that these workers seem to want to put people under, people who come to them for help. I had no time to sit and waste while my baby's health and wellness was on the line! I didn't care what I had to do to make sure that my son got the proper treatment, even if I waited long (since we were not the only ones there) but I had to make then stop and look at me for however long and sort out my baby so we could leave for others to come in.

I'm a mother and in case you ever meet me along the way on one of my 'rainy days' such as that one, you just try and take an umbrella, because I will carry the 'wrath of God' with me if I feel that my love ones are being threatened in any way.

With all that said, this is a very rare display, even rarer than an eclipse and is not my usually temperament :) It's just to show that being patient is good, being too patient is overbearing and will get you nowhere fast but will definitely put you at the back of the line PERMANENTLY!!!!

Be beautyfull inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment